Bypassing inbox on subscription update?

I want subscriptions to auto update without sending new episodes to inbox for notification.

Why? When subscription has new episode in inbox it changes subscription order to first in list & puts a tag in the corner. I don’t want to be notified of new episodes in a subscription if I’m listening to the back catalogue, not until I’m caught up.

So is there a setting to bypass inbox on subscription auto update?

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model:

Expected behaviour:

Current behaviour:

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)

Steps to reproduce:

1. This
  2. Then that
  3. Then this
  4. Etc.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

This sounds like the best option would be to simply disable updating the subscription alltogether

2 Likes

But when stopping updating new episodes do not appear in subscription page. I want the new episodes, just don’t want them in the inbox, and recording the subscription etc.

While you still listen to the back catalogue, why do you need the new ones? Just enable updating again when you have completed the back catalogue

1 Like

Some feeds, although mostly ones covering topical/recent events, only contain a certain number of episodes so there’s a possibility some will be missed if the subscription isn’t updated regularly enough.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.