Captive wifi changed podcast feed url, how can I change it back?

App version: 2.2.1, Fdroid

Android version: 10, LineageOS 17.1 + Microg

Device model: Fairphone 2

I was in a hotel with some captive wifi, and somehow the feed url of some podcasts now point to the captive wifi website. I have no idea how the url changed, but the consequence is the podcasts no longer update (the error is that the feed url points to a website). I would like to change the url back to the correct one, but I do not know how to do that (I cannot find the option in the settings of the podcast). How can I solve this?

I think the url changed to captive wifi because they redirected the url when you added a new podcast to their sign in page to put in your hotel room and wifi password.

There is no way to change the subscription url, you will jave to remove and add thr podcast again. You may loose the listening the historical statistics you had accumulated.

AntennaPod only updates the database when the server returns a permanent redirect. Temporary redirects are followed without updating the database. When the database is changed by a captive portal, it means that the captive portal does something seriously wrong -.-

1 Like

That’s horrible indeed :slightly_frowning_face:

I suppose you don’t have a back-up of your AntennaPod database?

(Relevant GitHub issue: Edit feed URLs · Issue #2132 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub)

Thanks for the help. I resubscribed to the contaminated urls…

It would be nice to have an option to approve such url changes, especially if they cannot be undone. I agree the captive wifi did something bad, but changing some settings with no way to undo them is not so good either.

1 Like

That suggestion makes a lot of sense.

1 Like