Greyed out items in queue display

App version: 2.3.2 (Google Play)
Android version: 11
Device model: Samsung S10+

Expected behaviour:
I guess I didn’t expect the Queue to display all episodes of this subscription as greyed/dimmed. I really don’t know what this means. The episodes play okay.

Current behaviour:
I recently added a new podcast subscription (Sudhir Breaks The Internet).
The Queue display has all of the items for this podcast greyed/dimmed. The podcasts play fine. I just don’t know the semantic implications of the items being greyed/dimmed.
I have made no special settings for the podcast download. The podcast-specific settings for this podcast are identical (as best I can tell) to all of my other subscriptions which are all displayed “normally” (not greyed/dimmed).

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
A few days ago … coincident with adding this new subscription.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Add the podcast “Sudhir Breaks The Internet”
  2. download some (all) of the available episodes
  3. Open the Queue pane

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)
Keep Updated: On
Episode Notifications: Off
Auto Delete Episode: Global default (On)
Include in auto downloads: On

If an episode is grey, it means that it was already played (or marked as played). You can mark it as unplayed by long-pressing or by using multi-select on the podcast screen.

Thanks. That was it.
I’m a bit stumped as to why the episodes were marked as “played” fresh after downloading them with the subscribe. I guess there might have been some fat finger mishap.
In any case, this situation is resolved for me.

Maybe it would be worth considering to indicate this state more clearly? E.g. by adding the string PLAYED, in the same way and place as is done for the NEW and :star: (starred) states?

(While on the topic of making episode states stand out consistently, I do think the UX would be more intuitive if the new and starred episodes were highlighted in some similar way to how played episodes are dimmed, but that might be a topic for another post.)