Make it possible to group channels by folders

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
Too many channels to scroll through, different topics well identified

Suggested solution:
Make it possible to make folders to group channel or by tags

**Screenshots / Drawings /

1 Like

Tags already exist:-

Podcast to be tagged → OptionsTags

To be honest, I would like to have tabs instead. and scroll horizontally between the tabs to show different podcasts. Having to open a folder/tag then go back because I opened the wrong one is kinda annoying. And the lack of custom covers for them (or at least show 4 covers at once like spotify playlists) is quite annoying.

The horizontal scrolling means that its very likely that the bottom navigation rework needs to be implemented, but I’ve seen apps like BlackPlayer having both a side menu and sections to move between horizontally

1 Like

I prefer to have a folder to group the channels than tags. Since my channels are in different languages, topics and should be listened in different scenarios (for entertainment, for education or for news browsing). So multiple folders and inboxes are really necessary.

Podcast sorting system is the main drawback of the AntennaPod at the moment.
Implementing tabs would propel it past Castbox and Podcast Republic easily. If not possible, at last consider similar sorting system to the above named apps (with drop-down menu), including uncategorised tag auto assigned for all newly added podcasts.