New widget without FF RW keys as of May 19 2024

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
Antennapod 3.40

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)
Android 11

Device model*:
Moto G 21

Expected behaviour:
Better choice of widgets? Don’t take a widget away without telling me?

Current behaviour:
New version? On home screen, no widget. Old widget disappeared.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
May 19 2024

Steps to reproduce:

1. This
    Widget no longer appearing on Home screen

2. Then that
    Went to Widgets for all android apps. Only 1 Antennapod widget with only a play button. No FF or RW buttons.

3. Then this
    I want FF and RW without “jump to next track” button I might hit by mistake. That’s why I liked the old widget and why I use Antennapod. Can I get it back? I switched from Podcast Addict because it’s too easy to hit the jump to next track button without being able to go back where I was. No breadcrumbs. Why do people design this way?

4. Etc.

One of the best, most accessible parts of the app was taken away.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

I guess I have auto app update turned on. Where would I find out? Google play on Android?

Auto download subscription metadata is turned on. Auto download of tracks is turned off.

Are there more widgets to download separate from the app? Please let me have the old widget back. I’m so tired of 2024 developers assuming they know what I want more than I do.

Just add the widget you see. It asks what buttons you want

Yes, the new version likely made changes in the widget, so it probably had to be removed when you got the update.