Where can I download APK for 2.3.1?

Hi, yesterday the 2.3.0 version showed on F-droid so I’ve updated and now when try to update podcasts app crashes. I wanted to downgrade to previous version but I couldn’t - there was some unspecified error. So I went to Github to check if anyone have similar issue and I noticed that there is 2.3.1 version but I don’t see APK file to download. Is there a way I could update to 2.3.1 without waiting for F-droid? I could uninstall AntennaPod completely and then install 2.2.1 version, but I would like to have newest version. Thanks.

F-Droid uses their own signature to sign the apks, so you can only update using an apk that is made by F-Droid. It might take a few days for them to build the update.

I think you cannot use the database import/export feature to downgrade in this case because the database structure changed. Unfortunately, you have to either wait for F-Droid to build the update or export the database and re-install 2.3.1 from Google Play.

Reverting to the previous version, on F-Droid, is giving me the same database error. Guess I’ll wait, don’t want to go through the hassle of adding all the podcasts again and even less checking the ones I have in queue.

I think you cannot use the database import/export feature to downgrade in this case because the database structure changed. Unfortunately, you have to either wait for F-Droid to build the update or export the database and re-install 2.3.1 from Google Play.

I haven’t thought about this. Probably I will wait - I have few downloaded episodes to listen but unfortunately when I try to download old episodes it crashes as well.

I have to ask what is the reason why AntennaPod is not available as apk? Many apps provide apks to download, for example NewPipe is available on Github as apk and they provide links to download on their website. It seems like F-droid is delayed few days but at the same time version 2.3.1 is available to on websites like apkpure or apkmirror. How reliable are those websites?

The reason simply is that it is more work to maintain :slight_smile: See also APK on GitHub

I don’t know, never used them. If you install the first update from Google Play or another reliable source, all later updates can be installed from those websites. Android will then fail to install the app if someone tampered with it (but those apks are also not signed with the F-Droid keys, so you cannot use them for a direct update).

Ok, thank you for answers and for your work as well. I’ll wait for F-droid and next time I will wait a bit before updating to a newest version.