- when will 2.3 be available on FDroid? Im running 2.2.1
- Did I miss it? How do I toggle a podcast to automatically download the most recent episode? it autochecks for new episodes but leaves them in queue for me to download. Some podcasts I want to hear EVERY episode… other episodes I want to check the banner to determine if I want to hear it. I can do this with Podcast Addict but can’t figure out how to do it on AntennaPod.
- Will 2.3 support multiple cover artwork (podcasting 2.0)?
As soon as F-Droid builds it. Apparently, they are having some trouble currently: de.danoeh.antennapod/lastbuild 2030095 - F-Droid
Enable auto-download on the general settings screen first. AntennaPod currently only considers “new” episodes for auto-download.
Do you mean chapter images? AntennaPod already supports 2 other chapter image formats but the ones from podcasting 2.0 are not yet supported.
Will be patient for FDroid and support for Podcasting 2.0.
Still unclear how to toggle auto download.
Under Settings/Network/Automatic Download I have chosen Automatic Download. But the situation is as I described. New episodes refresh automatically but I have to download manually. BTW, I’m running 2.2.1 on a Pixel4a running GrapheneOS sunfish (Android 11). Don’t mean to be a pest.
I’m wild about Antennapod otherwise.
Feature request: sleeptimer auto activate at sunset and off at sunrise.
You might also be interested in the Inbox developments (note that implementation is ongoing and slightly different from what you see in that thread).
Could you please create a new Feature Request thread for this one? Then it’ll be easier for others to find and to have a proper discussion about it. Thanks!
Hmm. There’s two things I can think of:
- In addition to the global setting, there is also a setting ‘Include in auto downloads’ – this could help you achieve what you want (differente between podcasts). But this should be enabled by default, so shouldn’t be the cause of the issue you’re experiencing.
- To not clog up your phone, AntennaPod limits the number of podcasts that are downloaded on your device. The default value I believe is quite low. Do you have episodes downloaded already? (Automatically or manually) Then that could be the cause - you’ll recognise it through the circle with the exclamation mark, next to the Downloads tab in the left side menu.