App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)
When the queue is empty and there is nothing to play, I expect the widget to show that.
My queue is empty. In fact I’ve removed the download. The widget shows:
- The podcast image
- The play/pause button is set to play, ie ||
- The title and time of the podcast show.
If I press play, back or forward, nothing happens as expected, but given the widget status, I’d expect it to play.
I’d expect the widget, upon reaching the end of the list, to:
- change the icon to some generic icon - perhaps the antenna logo
- Pause turns to Play
- The name erases or changes to –
- The time/length/current time mark should be --:–:–
Upon reading the end of the queue, the widget hangs on to the image, title, time and play state of the last file played.
Wile dropping a second widget to get the steps, the second and first widget went to exactly what I want:
- “No media playing”
- Antennapod logo on the left
- Play/Pause set on Play
First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
Steps to reproduce:
- Drop a 4x1 widget on your phone background.
- Set the ticks for Playback speed, Rewind, Fast forward and Skip episode
- Add a episode to your queue. Pause halfway through.
- Observe the widget - icon, name, title, time
- Finish the episode. The app should stop and be silent
- Observe the widget. It’s stuck on the last values and states it’s playing, but time isn’t moving.
- Drop a second 4x1 widget. ooo, they change here. This is what I want, this view right now, but not having to drop a widget to get it.
Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)
Does not apply, but would be happy to enumerate anything asked.