Access playlist from the player page

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:

It would be good to be able to access the playlist from the player.
Suggested solution:

Maybe a toggle next to sleeping function.
Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

3 Likes

You mean the queue? As an alternative you can configure back button behavior and set it to go to queue page.

And if you were on queue screen before switching to player view you can dismiss player view when swiping down and go back to the screen you were on.

1 Like

I feel like it’s harder to get to the queue view for phones with gesture navigation. Bringing up the menu with a swipe reliably is a no go, the only way to get to it is by minimizing the prayer and then hitting the hamburger icon at the very top of the screen. The alternative of mapping the back button to the queue view is less than desirable as going back doesn’t always bring up the queue, so it’s a guessing game. Having a shortcut to the queue within the player, or better yet making it a swipe away might be ideal.

1 Like

I’m new to this, I’ve been hanging onto my old beyondpod for years after it was abandoned.

I’m really antennapod and pocketcast to decide which one to stick with…

I am finding it annoying that I can’t easily access the queue from the play screen.

I often change my mind at the last minute about what I want to listen to next. It’s annoying that I have to work so hard to get there, sometimes I run about of time and the next pod starts before I’ve got there to reorder.
Pocketcast has queue nav on the player bar.
Sadly it has a few other downsides which stop my choosing it, so now I have to choose what has the least annoying bit than what has the best…

Antennapod only has that one annoying thing.
And chance of just dropping an extra nav btn in somewhere?

Since I spend most of my time in the queue I just press the little arrow at the top left of the play screen and it takes me right back to the queue. Of course the queue is also displayed at the top of the home screen. Are you looking for something different?

Did you know that you can also just swipe down anywhere on the player screen to close it? Might be a bit faster than touching the very top of the screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

I did not know that. Thanks for the tip!

Yeah getting to the queue is only convenient if the last screen before you got to the player is the queue screen. Then you can hit the back arrow, swipe down or even hit the back button or back gesture. There is just no direct way to the queue from the player if the screen you have behind the player is not the queue. In that case you’ll have to open the navigation drawer or configure settings to bring you to queue instead of exiting app if you hit the back button / gesture enough.

As Obiah said later, I may have gone from an episode list, straight to play. Then by the end of or during that episode I want to reorder the queue for the next episode, it’s not the last screen, so I’ve got work to do to get there.

After a few tests, I think I’ve settled on this app as opposed to pocketcast due to being able to auto add to the back of the queue when I download and easily delete played EPs. But not having consistent access to queue from the player is the last and I think my only UX bug bear.

I miss beyondpod it’s UX was great but it’s been left to rot and crashes all the time, I put up with it for a fair few years but I’ve now found the nearest thing to its UX and getting to my queue would complete it imo.