Add a deleted podcast

App version: 2.7.1 (F-Droid)

Android version: 11 (lineageos)

Device model: Fairphone 3

Expected behaviour:
The podcast Milk The Funk has recently lost its domain name hxxps://www.milkthefunk.live/ (pointing to some random sport spam) but the past episodes are still available on Apple Podcast.

When I try to add the show on AntennaPod, I get an error

The podcast host’s server does not know where to find the file. It may have been deleted.

While it is still possible to listen to the episodes directly on apple website, it is not via AntennaPod.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Go to the podcast page
  2. Share page to AntennaPod
  3. Error !

Thanks

Hello,

AntennaPod is a ‘distributed’ app, meaning that your local installation checks the ‘source’ server for information and media files. We don’t have a central server that keeps a copy of the data. More information about the difference between the two approaches can be found on our website: Central and distributed podcast apps – AntennaPod

In this specific case, it means that your app checks for an RSS feed, which does not/no longer exists. Apple made a copy of the metadata & audio files in their data centre, and we don’t.

So I’m afraid you’ll have to listen that one on-line. Sorry!

Ok I thought AntennaPod used the files directly from Apple servers when sharing that specific URL but it seems that no.

Thanks for the explanations.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.