Add support for M4B files

App version: 2.4.2 (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid: I don’t remember)

Problem you may be having, or feature you want: I prefer AntennaPod to Audbile’s android player. I use OpenAudible to convert my Audible book purchases to MP3 for long term back up and listening to in other players. OpenAudible recommends M4B as the output format because conversions are faster and the quality is better.

Suggested solution: Add support for playing M4B files (from local folders)

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

Are they not shown on your device? m4b files are shown on my phone.

No, not for me. I see the m4b files in the chooser when adding a local folder, but after finishing that step only the folder name itself is displayed.

I added m4b to the list of file extensions that AntennaPod detects manually (when the system doesn’t recognize them). Should get released in version 2.6.0. (note that 2.5.0 is currently in beta, so this might take a while)

In the meantime, you can just rename the files to m4a. It’s the same file format, just with a different ending.

1 Like

Good to know! Thanks.

I’ve tried to setup a virtual feed from local files but i’m having no luck at all.

I’ve tried both m4b and m4a file types and both dont show up in my feed…

(all files are in the same folder in my SD card and appear in other apps. they also appear in the file explorer when selecting the folder, but then they dont update into the feed…)