Android Auto - Selection from Queue and Playback Buttons

App version: 2.7.1 (from Google Play)

Android version: 13 (Standard ROM)

Device model: Samsung S20

Expected behaviour:
When connected to Android Auto, you would expect to be able to select a different podcast from the queue. Also, during playback, you would expect to see playback speed, forward and reverse buttons.

Current behaviour:
Selecting a different podcast from the queue results in no response. You can select a different podcast from downloads view.
There are no reverse, forward or playback speed buttons during playback. Only play/pause and skip are showing.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
Has been several months.

Steps to reproduce:
100% reproducable.
Has been tested wirelessly and wired in different vehicles.
Have tried uninstalling/reinstalling AntennaPod from both Google Play and F-Droid.

Hey Atrais, thanks for the bug report. I’ve been working on a fix for the buttons on Android Auto which is on Github.

I don’t have trouble selecting a different podcast from the queue on Android Auto, but all of the podcasts in my queue are also downloaded. Are you selecting podcasts which aren’t downloaded? If you do that and haven’t allowed mobile data streaming in the settings, that might happen because the app wants you to approve streaming via mobile data first.

Thanks for the respons awbooze. I’ll check out your fix and keep my fingers crossed that version 3.0 solves the issue too!

My podcasts are all downloaded too, so I’m not sure what’s going on there. Will try deleting and re-downloading to see if it makes any difference.

I also have the issue of selecting a different podcast from the queue and getting no response. I am on the 3.0 beta. To be more specific, it the queue that you access from the main player(queue button is in the upper right corner). The queue tab on top with episodes and downloads does allow you to select a different podcast.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.