AntennaPod clone on Play Store

I came across a developer who just clones open-source applications and publishes them on the Play Store with AI generated app icons.

This person has also cloned AntennaPod and they are so lazy that they have not even bothered to create their own screenshots to showcase the app, they have have just stolen it from this project.

Here are this links -
AntennaPod Clone - https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=work.mywild.wildcast
Clone GitHub - GitHub - djacidfx/WildCast: A podcast manager for Android

2 Likes

Take down legal request: Report Content for Legal Reasons - Legal Help

3 Likes

Clones of AntennaPod are allowed under the general public license. However, they do have to follow the license. I don’t think this clone follows the license but we should make sure before requesting a take down.

4 Likes

What is especially bad is that readme on GitHub has not been changed. It is stating that it’s the official repository…

1 Like

LOL It even has the AntennaPod splash on startup.

2 Likes

Thanks for flagging this @chethan. We’ll discuss internally (not to make public all our argumentation & reflections).

1 Like

The app seems to be removed. Was the developer contacted? If yes, please let me know.

1 Like

I didn’t contact anyone. Maybe someone reported one of the other apps and Google took down all of them.

1 Like

The other apps are still live, only the AntennaPod clone is removed. They probably saw this discussion and removed it.

1 Like