It annoyed me that we didn’t have a proper colour overview with hex codes. So I started working on a stylesheet the past week. As I had a few days off, it got a bit out of hand, so now I have the following
It’s just my own creativity, derived from the logo. So if anyone has any comments on the colours, secondary font, etc, please do share it. It should be a living document.
Particularly I propose to change the accent colours in the app to make them more in line with the brand colour, @ByteHamster. I’ve checked them for WCAG compliance, and these are the results:
- light theme (normal background): 4.57 (good)
- light theme (elevated background): 3.95 (poor)
- I think this is acceptable for the elevated state? Not sure in where backgrounds are elevated.
- dark theme (normal background): 4.49 (poor)
- I propose we update the background colour to #121921 which would give a contrast of 5.26 (good)
- dark theme (elevated background): 3.80 (poor)
- if we update the background colour, we should also update the elevated background colour