AntennaPod won't search for new episodes automatically, must be open

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model:
SM-G986W

Expected behaviour:
AntennaPod will search for new episodes of my subscribed podcasts every hour and download any that have appeared.

Current behaviour:
AntennaPod does not search for new episodes unless it is open. I notice I haven’t received anything for a day or more, so I open the app and suddenly it’s found 3-4 new episodes and begins downloading.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
About one week ago.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Wait at least 48 hours
  2. Notice that no new episodes have come in
    3 open AntennaPod
  3. Watch multiple new episodes begin to download

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

I have auto download enabled. App is set to scan every hour. App is not sleeping. Notifications enabled. All permissions enabled. I have not made any changes that would lead to this behaviour.

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]

Could it be an issue with battery optimization? Perhaps turn battery optimization off for AntennaPod and see if the auto downloads then happen. Maybe?

2 Likes

Good call! I though that by ensuring it wasn’t sleeping, I had done my due diligence. But when I looked in the settings, sure enough, it was set to optimization. With that turned off, I’m sure things will get better.

1 Like

Setting this to ‘solved’ but please do chip in again if the issue still appears.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.