❤ Appreciation thread

Hi there,

Of course there is already such a thread but i didn’t find it. As its always worth a appreciation for such a nice project, I started a new one.

This is a really VERY NICE app. I especially love the inbox feature!

Thanks for all the wonderful work! :heart_eyes:

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

10 Likes

Happy to hear you like the Inbox :slight_smile: Thanks for letting us know!

1 Like

i would also like to take the opportunity to thank the developers and all other volunteers of this project that produces this wonderful app. Antennapod really makes me happy, you enrich my life with podcasts.

HOW DID IT START
One of my favorite music stations offers podcasts but a bit obscurely hidden inside the website and no way to download or get notified.

So i searched for open source podcast player and Antennapod was recommended by many people.

USAGE
I am currently subscribed to about 8 podcast series which have various frequency of updates. I turn on notification for the less frequent ones.

Since I do not always have internet connection, I download my favorite episodes so i can listen to them at any time i want.

One thing i can never remember are the left and right swipe actions, that probably shows my age :slight_smile:
For the rest I am impressed with how Antennapod looks, works and showing the podcast picture on the background of the lockscreen is a nice addition.

Thank you again !

3 Likes

I left Google Podcasts because one of my subscriptions was not updating.
Tried Pocket Casts, but I was not happy with the cluttered interface.
Then I discovered AntennaPod. Huge difference!. Clean, intuitive and easy to navigate.
Keep up the good work!

5 Likes

I used Podbean, Apple Podcasts, Pocket Casts, Podcast Addict, Castbox, before going to AntennaPod.

AntennaPod ticks the boxes for me as it has 90% of what I want in terms of functions. Compared to Podcast Addict, its UI is a joy to use.

Additionally, I like the fact that is has a great community, amazing developers that listen to users, and a great github that shows development.

Please keep up the great work.

5 Likes

Great work AntennaPod team …

2 Likes

I’ve recently started using the app and have been quite impressed with it. First podcast app I’ve come across that has a forum.

3 Likes

Clear interface without much clutter but stil many customation options, finds a lot of podcasts via search. Highlight is featuring synchronisation via my own nextcloud account since gpodder.net seems to be overloaded. All you need and open source. Thanks! If I find a donation button, I wil donate.

2 Likes

While there is a way to donate, we deliberately make it hard to find. The reason is that we already have enough money to cover the running costs for the next ≈50 years. More money does not help us, it’s just sitting there on the account without a useful purpose.

If you want to give something, please donate to your favorite podcaster. This maybe convinces podcasters that they should keep releasing episodes to the public instead of doing a buy-out to some closed platform.

3 Likes

Well nice - this you don’t read very often :wink:

Almost all of my podcasts are by public radio stations (21st century news tv and radio version) and we all know how they swim in money… even if not, I don’t think they are even allowed to accept additional gifts. :wink:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.