Audio comes through speaker after bluetooth reconnect

I know that a lot of hard work has been done on this bug, and I appreciate it. :slight_smile:
Unfortunately, it still occurs, for me at least.

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
2.4.0-beta2

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)
8.1.0 stock Motorola rom

Device model:
Moto G5 (XT1676)

Expected behaviour:
If Bluetooth earphone disconnected, Antennapod pauses playback. Upon reconnection of Bluetooth, player should re-start with audio coming via Bluetooth earphone.

Current behaviour:
Upon reconnection of Bluetooth, audio comes through phone speaker instead of via Bluetooth earphone.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
In late 2019. (I believe that version 1.73 was ok, however, the version after it exhibited the unwanted behaviour.)

Steps to reproduce:

1. Connect Bluetooth earphone
  2. Play a podcast
  3. Pause podcast
  4. Un-pause podcast

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

No hardware or setting was changed.

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]

That’d be one for @tonytamsf. Odd, though - both @Matth78 and I tested and didn’t see the issue. Maybe it’s related to the Android version?

Yes, it is odd, and I’m aware that you were testing it before release. :slight_smile:
All I know is, in late 2019, back in version 1.73 (I think…) AntennaPod didn’t exhibit this bug. My phone hasn’t had an Android update in that time, but being version 8, it is an old version.
I’m happy to do more testing if @tonytamsf has the time to do any investigations. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I left a comment in the GitHub issue about this. Sorry to hear you are still having this problem. Could you borrow another bluetooth device test whether this is an issue with your blooth device or my code?

@tonytamsf @Roger_V If OK for you both, let’s continue the debugging process here. Then when there’s a conclusion/clear path of action it can be posted on GitHub.

Since the issue persists for you, I guess a way to find out is to connect adb and see what’s going on?

@keunes @tonytamsf Sounds good to me. I’m eager to try some debugging via ADB, but I’ll need a bit of help with the commands, as from past experience they can be rather cryptic. :slightly_smiling_face: