Behavior on incoming notifications

Did the behavior on incoming notifications change in one of the latest beta versions? Now it interrupts (pauses) playback instead of just ducking the volume, which I think is way more jarring than before.

However, I’m quite confused because there’s people demanding exactly this change (implying that it still is the other way?) and in that issue someone says there’s already a setting for this (which I can’t seem to find – though other Podcast apps have that).

(Pixel 7, Android 16, Version 3.12.0-beta3 installed from Google Play Store)

It sounds like you’re talking about the Pause for Interruptions setting under Settings / Playback

This behaviour changed in 3.12 indeed, the rationale is explained in Remove 'pause on focus loss' setting by ByteHamster · Pull Request #8433 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub and in the issue it closes. In short, it is a consequence of the playback service rewrite.

Thank you very much for the explanation. At least I wasn’t imagining things.

It’s really sad that perfectly working features have to be destroyed all the time. :disappointed_face:

Where has the setting to set play if other notifications gone?

This was the main reason I use this app that the podcast keeps playing while notifications happen. It stops sometimes and I just reset the setting but that setting seems to be missing.

It is probably just I cannot find it but if it’s gone and I can’t keep a podcast playing there is no point to this app anymore.

Indeed, the playback now stops with any notification. I also can’t find the setting that used to be there to configure this… not sure what happened but it would be great to get it back so that we can configure it to continue playing even during the notification.

I 100% agree. Can we PLEASE get this back? The pause during notification is extremely annoying. I fact, as much as I love AntennaPod and I invested hundreds of hours to do translations, this one thing makes me think about moving away from the app. To me this is absolutely basic and necessary feature…

They should have rewritten it correctly then. This is the most annoying thing ever.

I guess no official word as to why this changed then, or I’m missing a post or a moved or changed setting somewhere in app

Unfortunately this happens on my device too.

I’m on the latest beta version, Android s24+

I can’t wait for this feature to be added back!

I can’t wait for this feature to be added back!

Given that this would have to be re-implemented, I’ve converted this thread into a feature request. If so desired, please feel free to vote on this topic.

There’s also a feature request on GitHub, which also already has multiple upvotes.