Big play button on notification bar

Thank you guys i got the update on fdroid today

Keep up the good work

BIG BUTTONS Please help. My father has (and many older people have) shaky hands & needs bigger buttons.

Currently, in the app, the buttons only take up 70-ish% of the available real-estate. When you pull down from the menu bar, the buttons only use ~50% of the available real estate. (my estimates but Iā€™m happy to grab a screenshot if anyone wants to argue [please donā€™t]).

LARGER BUTTONS would make it easier for my father (and others) to tap them.
Itā€™s agonizing seeing him pull out a touch pen & use its eraser looking nub to try and tap pause / fast forward.

2nd related issue. When you open the app, it shows the currently playing pod at the bottom, but not until you tap that, does it show you the navigation buttons (play, pause, fast forward etc).
It would be great if there were a menu option to always show buttons.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

Hi gang, Im on 3.2.0 (58081fe5b)

My notification player bar is glitchy. It often reverts to the old small play button between back and forward track, and often doesnā€™t work at all. This is only happens on AP

I think thatā€™s an android thing fella, to my understanding (which ainā€™t much) the devs on an app like AP can enable support for this new type over the old type where the buttons are all in a row and tiny, but they canā€™t customise it. As it would be annoying for the user if every app was different

Edit: looks like there is an option for which buttons go in the bottom corners, but i think the above still stands