Bypassing Queue

Many podcasts are multi-episodes of the same subject. For instance true crime and investigative journalism reports are frequently podcast in 10 episodes released weekly, fortnightly or monthly, and audiobooks in even more episodes than that. There are listeners (I’m sure I’m not alone!) that prefer to “binge listen” (like they do with a Netflix series!) or save them for opportune times.

I suggest that a subscription can be flagged such that it is not shown in the Queue (thus avoiding clutter) while still showing by having its unplayed counter shown.

Another low priority “nice to have”. Please note that my suggestions are not based on the other app I used since 2012, but are features I would have liked there too! It is just that I have fresh eyes and now as AntennaPod is open-source I have the opportunity to share ideas. Thanks for considering them or even putting them on your “one day maybe list”!

1 Like

I would like that feature too. I would like to be able to explicitly add episodes to the queue, but not have them added automatically in any way.

Right now, the entire queue feature is entirely useless to me - the podcasts I play (directly form a podcast page) are auto-added, but not auto-deleted - because I almost exclusively stream, not download, and stop listening a few minutes before an end (skipping outro, the exact time remaining varies from podcast to podcast). The queue becomes crowded with already listened and half-listened abandoned episodes.
I’m aware that the intended use-case is to first add an episode to the queue, then listen to it from there, and once done, remove the episode form the queue, but it doesn’t seem practical to me, to keep switching between a podcast I’m binge-listening, to add the next episode, and the queue, to listen to it. I’m terrible at planing what I’m going to listen to next. I would like to use the queue for some podcasts where I only listen to selected episodes but not for podcast that I binge or new podcasts I’m only sampling/trying out.