Cant enable automatic dowload finished notificatioons

App version: 2.7.1 (from F-Droid)

Android version: 11 (lineageos 18.1 [latest] on Redmi Note 8 - Info about ginkgo | LineageOS Wiki)

Device model: (see above)

Expected behavior: can enable “automatic download finished” notification in notification options

Current behavior: can’t enable “automatic download finished” notification in notification options: when enabling the notification in the first screen and exiting and returning to the screen, the option is disabled again - taping on notification on screen, opens a screen with a greyed out option to enable the notification and a message below: “(i) At your request, android is blocking this category of notifications from appearing on this device” (I already reseted the notification settings in Android, as pointed in At your request, android is blocking this category of notifications from appearing on this device - Android Community, but the behavior stills the same)

First occurred: about 4 weeks ago (when I started to use this device…)

Steps to reproduce:

1. try to enable the notification for it in settings

Bump no response yet and the problem persists

bump (the same occurs in Info about klte | LineageOS Wiki )

Hi @fbobraga

Sorry to hear about this. However, on newer Android versions (like yours), the notifications are managed at system level. When you go to Settings » Notifications in AntennaPod, you are being redirected to Android.

Also the message “At your request, android is blocking…” indicates that this is Android’s doing. So I would suggest to ask this question on the Lineage forum (or whatever support tool they have) – if you haven’t already.

Issue fixed on Android 12L: maybe was an Android bug

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.