Choose an episodes position in queue

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
F-Droid

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
Adding a new episodes to the queue puts it at the bottom of the list. You have to go into the queue tab to change it’s position.

Suggested solution:
You should be able to choose between “play next” and “play last” when adding a new episode to the queue.

Episodes would enter the queue after what’s currently playing (play next), or normally (play last).

2 Likes

Hi @sal
Welcome to the AntennaPod forum, and sorry no-one replied to you earlier.

Actually there already is a setting that I think covers your need. If you go to Settings » Playback » Enqueue location, you can set Back, Front and ‘After current episode’.

Would that do what you need?

@keunes No problem.

Thanks for that setting it’s basically what i was looking for.

Is it possible to have that setting for each episode?

In the pocket casts app you can choose the position in queue for each individual episode. So there’s not a blanket setting that applies to all episodes.

2 Likes

There’s no way to choose that for each individual episode, no. And I would imagine it quickly gets super annoying to have to make that choice every time :slight_smile:

Is there any particular reason that you request this? (Asking because maybe there could be another solution to what you’re trying to achieve.)

I just came here to say what keunes said: some episodes I want to add at the end of the queue but some episodes I just want to add as the next item to play. You could implement this as two different choices of the menu.

Hi @Florin_Buda
Welcome to our community forum :slight_smile:

I’m not sure what you wrote up is what I meant to say. What I meant to say is that you can dicide on the queue location, but not for every episode. And, importantly, I don’t see any reason to allow you to dicide this for every single episode. So I would not introduce an extra setting for this.

App version: 2.7.1
Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
I need the ability to specify that episodes are queued at the top of the playlist or at the bottom.

I need this because some podcasts cover current topics like news while others have general topics and my playlist is normally well filled.

Suggested solution:
This should be possible manually via the swipe gesture as well as in the auto download settings per channel. And there should be a default.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:
Episode swipe menu:

In the example when you swipe all the way to the right, the episode is placed at the very end of the queue because it is the default.

For me this queue management is essential. This was also a reason why I decided to use the Pocket Casts app.

1 Like

Should I have made a new feature request to get feedback from the AntennaPod team?