Hello, will you be dropping support for Android 4.4.2? I have been using AntennaPod for a very long time and LOVE IT!
Since the last update happened, AntennaPod repeatedly crashes when trying to add a podcast. Strangely the play store also crashes.
I have been reading on your forums and some said about Android Webview being enabled and up to date. Sadly there is no Android Webview on Android KitKat 4.4.2. Any ideas how to get this working or am I stuck with Google Podcasts?
4.4.2 support might get dropped at some point but it should currently still be supported. What error messages do you get when adding a podcast?
Thank you for replying so fast. It says unfortunately AntennaPod has stopped. Then it says the play store has stopped. Then AntennaPod restarts. It is impossible to add podcast.
Could you please post the error message on the “report bug” screen?
App version: AntennaPod 2.3.0 from Google Play Store
Android version: Android 4.4.2 on a TracFone
Device model: Alcatel Onetouch Pixi Glitz A463BG
Expected behaviour: I expect to be able to add a podcast.
Current behaviour: Crash of app when subscribing to a podcast.
First occurred: About a week ago
Steps to reproduce:
- Open AntennaPod and touch the plus sign on the subscription page.
- Then search for my podcast.
- Then select my podcast, and another window opens where I touch “add subscription”.
- AntennaPod crashes immediately. It says: unfortunately AntennaPod has stopped. Strangely, the play store also crashes and has the same message that it too has stopped. Weird that I never even opened Play Store.
- I hope you continue to support Android 4.4.2. I love this app!
Environment: I only use this old phone for streaming internet radio in Kiwi browser and podcasts using AntennaPod. There is nothing else installed.
I found the problem and will upload an update soon
Thank you so much! Yay, I will have my favorite podcast player back.