Crashes while Sync

Antennapod Version 2.0.3 loaded from Google Play

Android version 10 by Xiaomi

model Xiaomi Mi 9T pro

MIUI 12.0.3. Stabil 12.0.3.0. QFKEUXM

Expected behaviour: When I start WLAN-Sync manually or by scedule normally the Play-Back of the Podcast wouldn’t stop

Current behaviour: the Play-Back gets disturbed, pauses of seconds appear and in the end Antenna crashes

First occurred: weeks ago IT appeared filor the First time. (Just after Updating the OS from Android9 to Android10

Steps to reproduce:

1. Play any podcast
  2. Start sync
    Problem will occure every time

Please tell me , if you need any further information

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Could you please post the report that is displayed on the “report bug” page within the app?

Environment

Android version: 10
OS version: 4.14.117-perf-g7428a5b
AntennaPod version: 2.0.3
Model: Mi 9T Pro
Device: raphael
Product: raphael_eea

Crash info

Time: 03-11-2020 13:36:38
AntennaPod version: 2.0.3

StackTrace

java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Failed to allocate a 56 byte allocation with 16 free bytes and 16B until OOM, target footprint 268435456, growth limit 268435456
	at android.os.MessageMonitor$MessageMonitorInfo.markFinish(MessageMonitor.java:478)
	at android.os.MessageMonitor.markFinish(MessageMonitor.java:133)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:242)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7560)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:539)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:950)

Thanks. Did you set your “subscription order” in the sidebar to “publication date”?

Yes. I’m using German-Translation “sortiert nach Veröffentlichungsdatum” which should correspondate to “sort by publication date”

Thanks a lot

In AntennaPod 2.0 (and older), the option subscription order » by publication date causes issues if you have a big number of subscriptions.

The bug will be fixed in AntennaPod 2.1. Until the update is released, try selecting another sort option.

Thanks you very much. This workaround will help, while waiting for 2.1

Thanks

1 Like