Default a podcast to the top of the queue

I have a set of news and current events podcasts that I always listen to first before going into the evergreen podcasts. I would like to default these timely episodes to the top of the queue.

I can see a setting in Podcast settings that would do this. Bonus points if we can set a priority list or order the podcasts as part of this feature.

(Doggcatcher app has done this if you need examples)

5 Likes

I believe this was discussed in another topic, though I don’t remember which one and don’t have time to search for it. Unfortunately, I think the only workaround at the moment is to organize them manually in your queue. I appreciate (if I understand you correctly) that you’re asking for this to happen automatically.

1 Like

I’m one of the contributors to AP. I have been working on a feature that will provide exactly that. It will feature the ability to set priorities using drag and drop from the subscriptions screen. From the queue, you’ll be able to sort by the priority you’ve set. It has been put on the back burner currently. If the maintainers are willing to move forward with the feature, I’ll be happy to add it.

1 Like

Entirely agree. Moved to AntennaPod from Pocketcasts for the Smart Shuffle, but do miss this “Top of Queue” feature for time-sensitive (news mostly) podcasts.

2 Likes

I am a new user converting from Google podcast. I agree I would like a quick way to put some podcasts at the top of the que.