Delete all episodes with same tag from Inbox (e.g. NEWS that became old)

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Latest BETA Google Play version 2.7.1

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:

I have two kinds of podcasts: shortterm poscasts (news…) and longterm ones (science, discussions…). When I’m very busy and can’t hear podcasts e.g. for one week, I would like to delete all podcasts from the inbox tagged as “shortterm”.

Suggested solution:

Press and hold the TAG in the sidebar and beeong able to delete all podcasts with the corresponding tag from inbox.

Currently by press and hold the tag I can only rename it. There are no other options.

ALTERNATIVE: Tagged Inbox. Select a TAG in the inbox and then be able to delete all episodes with the current tag displayed

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

PS: I LOVE the app :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

In Pocket Casts there is an option to say keep only a certain number of latest episodes. So, there I always kept only the latest episode of news-podcasts (shortterm). The other ones were archived automatically, when the latest arrived. I think this would be a better option for Antennapod too.

1 Like

This might be an option. Having a tag filter for the inbox would be nice anyway.

That’s been requested before, for AntennaPod: Keep X latest episodes.

I agree that’s a better solution.

There’s also an existing request for filtering episodes based on the tags (at which point you will be able to multi-select and remove from inbox): view episodes screen per tag · Issue #5222 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

As there are feature requests that will be better solutions to your use-case, I’ll set this one to resolved.

Thanks for having chipped in with your feedback!

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.