Delete played podcasts

Hello,

This may be a bug, or may be user error, or may be that my expectations are wrong. I would be grateful if someone could set me straight.

AntennaPod seems to be keeping all my old podcasts since I have had the phone (just over a year).

Under Settings → Storage, the settings are:

• Data folder: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.danoeh.antennapod/files
  • Image cache size: 100MB
  • Auto Delete: Enabled
  • Keep favourite episodes: Disabled
  • Delete removes from Queue: Disabled

There are 6 unplayed/partially played items in the queue. Still there are nearly 16GB of old media files stored. Should these have been deleted?

I only noticed yesterday how much space is being used, at which point I enabled “Auto delete” – was disabled prior to that. I think it HAS deleted an episode I listened to yesterday, but not all the ones I listened to before enabling the setting.

So perhaps it’s working now, and the intended behaviour is to mark them for deletion at the point of finishing listening, if and only if Auto Delete is set, which it wasn’t, and so they will never be deleted.

If that’s the case, do I have to delete them all manually?

Thanks in advance!

App version: 2.1.3 (from Google Play)
Android version: 10
Device model: Moto g8 Plus
Expected behaviour: Old, listened podcast media files deleted
Current behaviour: Old media files retained forever, as far as I can tell
First occurred: Forever, AFAIK
Steps to reproduce: n/a
Environment: * Data folder: /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/de.danoeh.antennapod/files

• Image cache size: 100MB
  • Auto Delete: Enabled
  • Keep favourite episodes: Disabled
  • Delete removes from Queue: Disabled

The setting only applies to newly finished episodes.

Go to the “Downloads” » “Completed” screen :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! There were hundreds to delete, so the filter (“played”) was very useful!

1 Like