Deleting a duplicate subscription deletes all of the duplicates instead of just the one you ask to delete

App version: 2.0.2 (from Google Play)

Android version: 10

Device model: Motorola G7

Expected behaviour:
I have several duplicate/triplicate subscription entries. I suspect that these come from syncing with GPodder.net, but that’s not the bug I’m reporting here. When I delete one of the duplicate subscriptions, it should delete that one, but not both (or all 3 in the case of triplicates).

Current behaviour:
AntennaPod appears to delete the one subscription as expected. But a few minutes later, all duplicate subscriptions (along with favorite episodes and such) are gone.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
I have noticed this in the past but thought things were working for the last several months until the app recently updated to 2.x (which I could tell because of the different app icons and updated UI elements). This update was maybe about a month ago when I started seeing duplicate available episodes listed for several of my subscriptions.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Delete one of your duplicate/triplicate subscriptions.
  2. See that it looks like just that one was deleted.
  3. Look a few minutes later (maybe wait about 5 minutes) and see that all of the duplicate subscriptions are gone, along with downloaded episodes, favorite episodes, etc.

Environment: N/A.

Stacktrace/Logcat:
N/A

1 Like

Yep, same thing happens to me. I’m also syncing to Gpodder. Curiously the duplicates sometimes (always?) have different read vs new episode markers. (though the episode names themselves are identical).

Samsung S6