Disaster! Queue & downloads all deleted!

App version: 3.3.2 Google Play

Android version: 12

Device model: Redmi Note 9 Pro

Expected behaviour:nothing particular

Current behaviour: DISASTER!!!
All my downloads have dissappeared!
The Queue is empty!
Refresh does nothing!

First occurred: Today

Steps to reproduce:
Just open

Environment: nothing

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]

Environment

Android version: 12
OS version: 4.14.190-perf-gccbd46ea7819
AntennaPod version: 3.3.2
Model: Redmi Note 9 Pro
Device: joyeuse
Product: joyeuse_eea

Crash info

Time: 12-04-2024 17:09:02
AntennaPod version: 3.3.2

StackTrace

android.app.ForegroundServiceStartNotAllowedException: Service.startForeground() not allowed due to mAllowStartForeground false: service de.danoeh.antennapod/.core.service.playback.PlaybackService
	at android.app.ForegroundServiceStartNotAllowedException$1.createFromParcel(ForegroundServiceStartNotAllowedException.java:54)
	at android.app.ForegroundServiceStartNotAllowedException$1.createFromParcel(ForegroundServiceStartNotAllowedException.java:50)
	at android.os.Parcel.readParcelable(Parcel.java:3334)
	at android.os.Parcel.createExceptionOrNull(Parcel.java:2421)
	at android.os.Parcel.createException(Parcel.java:2410)
	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2393)
	at android.os.Parcel.readException(Parcel.java:2335)
	at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub$Proxy.setServiceForeground(IActivityManager.java:7343)
	at android.app.Service.startForeground(Service.java:733)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackServiceStateManager.startForeground(PlaybackServiceStateManager.java:21)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackService$3.statusChanged(PlaybackService.java:846)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.playback.base.PlaybackServiceMediaPlayer.setPlayerStatus(PlaybackServiceMediaPlayer.java:319)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.playback.base.PlaybackServiceMediaPlayer.setPlayerStatus(PlaybackServiceMediaPlayer.java:331)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP.resume(LocalPSMP.java:226)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackService.handleKeycode(PlaybackService.java:666)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackService.-$$Nest$mhandleKeycode(PlaybackService.java:0)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackService$9.onMediaButtonEvent(PlaybackService.java:1926)
	at android.support.v4.media.session.MediaSessionCompat$Callback$MediaSessionCallbackApi21.onMediaButtonEvent(MediaSessionCompat.java:1609)
	at android.media.session.MediaSession$CallbackMessageHandler.handleMessage(MediaSession.java:1592)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
	at android.os.Looper.loopOnce(Looper.java:210)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:299)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8319)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:556)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1038)
Caused by: android.os.RemoteException: Remote stack trace:
	at com.android.server.am.ActiveServices.setServiceForegroundInnerLocked(ActiveServices.java:1894)
	at com.android.server.am.ActiveServices.setServiceForegroundLocked(ActiveServices.java:1403)
	at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.setServiceForeground(ActivityManagerService.java:12331)
	at android.app.IActivityManager$Stub.onTransact(IActivityManager.java:3318)
	at com.android.server.am.ActivityManagerService.onTransact(ActivityManagerService.java:2561)

See All my podcasts & episodes are gone – AntennaPod and GitHub - ByteHamster/AntennaPodDbFixer

Hi @ottootts ,
I’m very sorry that you’re affected by this as well. Can’t imagine how frustrating it must be!

I’ll set it to resolved as the problematic code has been corrected, and you now have links to the support page and correction script. But please get back to us here on the forum if you need further assistance.

Hi @keunes,

no worries ;.) I’m just impressed by your response - really excellent, so thank you for the help!

Best regards,
Otto

1 Like

For what it’s worth, this is how I managed to recover my installation. I did not manage to recover the contents of the Queue but that’s unimportant for me. OK…
I first exported (Settings > Import/Export) my subscriptions as OPML (the most important thing for me) and the corrupt(?) DB. These I then uploaded to Google Drive and then downloaded the DB to my Linux PC. I used the sqlite3 (Linux package) recovery option (.recover) and then saved it (.save) under a new name.This I then uploaded to Google Drive, downloaded to my Android and then imported into Antennapod. Everything seems now to work as usual.
If anyone would like more infos on any of these steps, I’d be happy to help.

2 Likes