Discussion about adding more statistics

I did not create issue about other proposals as it was not clear if there was a consensus.
So no issues especially for :

• Average released time for latest episodes
  • Number of days since last played episode

Besides I thought @keunes you wanted to create an issue to add “last listened time” but I don’t think you did ? I think it would be a good info, ideally it should also specify when last episode has been released and so “Number of days since last played episode” would be less useful.

1 Like

One statistic I’d like to see is how much time the “Skip silence in audio” feature has saved me.

1 Like

Such a long time ago that I do’t recall :stuck_out_tongue: Reading back I think I wanted to create the two issues that you in the end created, so I think we’re covered.

@DanielPower I don’t use ‘skip silence’, but nice idea - I imagine it can be interesting.

It would be great if we could keep the stats of podcasts that we deleted so that the stats can still be preserved. I am hyper organised and there are few podcasts that I delete to keep my feed clean and add back again once I have more time to listen. Part of me gets hurt when the stats are removed when I have to delete podcasts, lol! :smile:

2 Likes

Starting with AntennaPod 2.3.0, you can create an “Archive” folder and hide the subscriptions from the main list.

2 Likes

Is there any progress into adding yearly stats? I would really like to see what I’ve listened to this year of 2021!

Also, I noticed that marking something as played does not add the playtime to the stats, is this intended? Sometimes I listen to video versions of podcasts (usually youtube) but I would still like to have it show up in my stats.

1 Like

I don’t think adding yearly statistic is in progress, at least I don’t see any active Github issues or pull requests for this work.

1 Like

Yes, definitely intended to make sure the stats is true to your listening pattern

Whether it is video or audio should theoretically not matter. If it does, it is a bug.
Marking an episode as played only adds it to the stats if you have set your stat method that way. It is either ‘played status’ (incl manual) or ‘actual play time’. You can check and change this from the Stats screen.

3 Likes

If this is the right place for it, I’d like to suggest some statistics I know from other podcast apps:

• Time saved by playback speed and/or by “skip silence”.
    Edit:
    already available:
  • Total time/number of podcasts played
  • per podcast: number of episodes played completely

These are already available

1 Like

Oh okay, then I must have overlooked them. Thanks for the quick answer

1 Like

Sorry for late reply, with this I meant I listened to the video version in a different platform (YouTube) so the app does not track at all butt I would still like to have that marked in antenna pod in some way without having to listen to that whole episode again in the app

1 Like