Display subscriptions as "list" in addition to tiles

AntnennaPod 2.7.1 (from Google Play), at
Menu > Subscriptions > 3 dots menu > Number of columns allows to organize the subscribed podcast in tiles with 2 to 5 columns.

I would like to suggest to include an option to show the subscribed podcast in list format, as available in many other apps. The list is frequently more useful and allows an easier identification of the podcast.

Attached, how the list looks like in another podcast app.

6 Likes

I would be very happy if this becomes a thing too. Its a nice feature

1 Like

It would also be nice, in root Subscriptions view, to have an option to hide individual podcasts and only view tagged collections…or at the very least place the collections on top.

This would allow tags to be used more like folders…which many people have requested already, and I would argue tags are already functioning more like anyway.

In some future UI update, it would be fantastic if tags were to be able to be used more like tags per se, and be searched for combinatorially through logical AND/OR/NOT union and intersection (saved) queries. Alternatively, if sticking with the “folder” metaphor, just the ability to add subfolders would also go a long way towards the issue of podcast organization.

Just some food for thought. (I hope to have time to contribute at some point.)

2 Likes

Tags would be much more useful if they could be sorted above the subscriptions on the nav menu and on the sub page. At least as an option. They would be much more useful to me there.
Also could be nice if you could remove your subscription list from the nav menu but leave tags there. I have 6 tags but 80 podcasts tagged: political, news, favs, misc, music, etc

1 Like

I also want to move tags above the individual podcasts. It would be nice if they also didn’t need the same space as a single podcast when they don’t even have a customizable cover image

You can already do that by de-selecting the “show in main list” box when editing tags