Downloads episodes with automatic download turned off

App version: 2.7.1 (d5f0ef244) from Google Play

Android version: 12

Device model: Nothing phone (1), A063

Expected behaviour: Turn of automatic download in settings and only use manuell download.

Current behaviour: Turn of automatic download in settings and it downloads episode anyway.

First occurred: Not sure. Maybe 2 weeks ago

Steps to reproduce:

1. Turn of automatic download
  2. Wait for podcast update
  3. It starts to download episodes

Environment: Turn off Auto Download

Hmmm. Not sure how to debug this. How do you notice episodes are being downloaded? Do you see anything?

Have you turned off automatic downloads in the ā€˜globalā€™ settings or in the ā€˜per-podcastā€™ settings?

Thanks for the reply. However, I have figured out what is going on. Itā€™s a different bug than I originally thought. But to be clear, I turned off downloads globally, not per podcast.

The problem is that an update deleted some of my settings, not all of them which is strange. I initially configured ā€œEpisodesā€ to be queued when swiping both left and right. But after an update that setting disappeared, which I didnā€™t notice for a while because I just swiped as usual and then listened. When I reconfigured it to be the way I wanted it to be, it worked. I can understand if it deleted all my conf (even if itā€™s worse), but not just some little thing.

1 Like

Thatā€™s curious indeed, but glad you found the issue.

Swiping where? Inbox? Or in a Podcast view? And updates between which versions?

In the drawer in the upper left corner. I have the Swedish version so Iā€™m not sure what the English queues are called. It should be ā€œEpisodesā€ I think. Mine is from the top:
Queue
Inbox
Episodes
etc, etc

I configured it to only queue the episode when I swipe both left and right because I have no need to download. Bandwidth in Sweden is very cheap.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.