Downloads now going to Queue

I went to MX and now downloads go right to my queue.
Can I move many of these episodes back to In Box?
How can I change it settings so new episodes go into my In Box?

Hello,
New episodes will always first go to your inbox. But if you have ‘Automatic Download’ (Settings > Network) as well as ‘Enqueue Downloaded’ (Settings > Playback > Queue) enabled, then some or all episodes might be removed from the Inbox pretty much immediately.

Best

I’m not sure if I understand this right, but is somehow similar to my problem.
I’m using AntennaPod for almost a year. Super app, congratulations to the authors.
But I have problems because I often drive in areas with poor signal. In this case, streaming is often interrupted because AntennaPod has a very small buffer. Before AntennaPod, I used some other podcast apps, but I don’t have similar problems.
I know that downloading episodes can be a solution, but it is somehow uncomfortable. How do I use AntennaPod?
In Inbox I get episodes for subscribed podcasts. Then I select what is interesting to listen to and move those episodes to the Queue. What I would like to see is, that all episodes in Queue be downloaded automatically and after the episode is finished, it should be deleted automatically.
Any idea how to do this?

Here is what Keunes wrote:
New episodes will always first go to your inbox. But if you have ‘Automatic Download’ (Settings > Network) as well as ‘Enqueue Downloaded’ (Settings > Playback > Queue) enabled, then some or all episodes might be removed from the Inbox pretty much immediately.

1 Like

I tried this some weeks ago. But I get a lot of episodes in Inbox every day and described setting will move all of them to Queue and download them. After that, I have a lot of work to delete unwanted episodes from the Queue.
It would be much simpler if the user marked episodes that will be moved to the Queue and downloaded.

That’s already supported, of course (you said you do it yourself in your first post). Your problem seems to rather be with using streaming instead of downloading. Can’t you simply download episodes when on wi-fi?

1 Like

No. Maybe I wasn’t clear enough, English isn’t my first language. I apologize for that.
How it works now:

1. Subscripted episodes show in Inbox. I select some of them and send them to Queue.
  2. When I listen to the episodes in Queue, they are streamed.

What I would like to see:

1. Subscripted episodes show in Inbox. I select some of them and send them to Queue.
  2. AntennaPod will download episodes in Queue. In my case, downloading can use cellular or Wifi, maybe someone wants just downloading while on Wifi.
  3. When I listen to the episodes in Queue, they will be played from a downloaded file.
  4. After the user finishes listening to the downloaded episode, it should be deleted immediately (or after some conditions are met - days after finished, number of episodes finished …).

Instead of sending to queue you can click to download and it will download and send episodes to queue. If download fail episode is sent back to inbox.

Edit : Or it stays in queue. Don’t remember if episodes is only removed from inbox when download end or if it what I described first. Anyway episode stay in inbox if download has not been successful

2 Likes

Wow. I didn’t know that. I just tried and it really works. I was looking in a three-dot menu and Download option was not there. Then I noticed Download on the main screen (where the episode is described). I bravely pressed Download and it went to Queue. It was downloaded and waiting for playing.
THANK YOU :slight_smile:
I didn’t know that it will be moved to the Queue. A suggestion: Download option should be moved to the three-dot menu. Besides other options.

Now I have to check if the episode will be deleted after listening.

For episode deleted after finishing it there is an option in settings, storage, automatic removal/delete. You can also set to delete when removing an episode from queue.

Don’t know what default settings are. These 2 options are on for me and I have no lingering episodes. (You can check download screen to see which episodes are stored)

1 Like

A better way to do that (or even two) is already available. Depending on your preference, you can either:

• Have download as default action button (in case you currently have that set to streaming) (Settings > Playback > disable “Prefer streaming”)
  • Configure download as a swipe action (Settings > User interface > Swipe Actions)
2 Likes

Tnx. I will check your suggestions.

Thanks Keunes.

I turned my Enqueue Downloaded off (it’s gray) a few days ago.
New pods are still going to my Queue. I just did a refresh and watched a few pods come into the Inbox and go away/to my Queue.
Not a BIG deal, I like the player, but I like managing the Queue and having pods to be played ‘living’ in my Inbox.
Any ideas? Is there a reset that won’t have me lose what I have subscribed to and downloaded?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.