No crash report recorded

First occurred: ~5 days

Steps to reproduce:
Not a single but all downloads have ea-errors

For instance:
"Read-only file system

Datei-URL:
Resonator"

It is not possible to download files manual.
Much space on sd-card left.
Download-limit is not the problem.
Cannot remember any upgrades on my phone last weeks. Nothing changed.

I love antennapod. I dont wont to change.
Can somebody help?

Streaming works without problems.

The Read-only file system error seems like an app permissions issue.

@Hank Is the error just with one podcast or all podcasts you’re subscribed to?
@terminalmage Do you think it might be an issue with the SD card? (faulty, write-protected)

@keunes I was thinking that it might be a problem with the app’s permission to write to local storage, but I don’t see any such app permission on my phone. I am also on Android 13 though, so I’m not sure if the permission types have changed significantly since Android 8.

1 Like

Oh man! Really it was an app-permission issue. I dont know why, but the memory access in android was off. After reboot no more ea-errors.
BIG SMILE!!! THANKS A LOT!

1 Like

Nice! Glad you got it figured out. And welcome to the forum! :slight_smile:

I’m surprised but happy to hear :slight_smile:

1 Like

Environment

Android version: 8.0.0
OS version: 3.18.91-19497658-QB54389322
AntennaPod version: 2.7.1
Model: SM-G935F
Device: hero2lte
Product: hero2ltexx

No crash report recorded

Hello
today unfortunately further problems with antennapod:

1. Again not consistent teporarily several ea-errors when refreshing all podcasts. Although app permission is on.
    Sd-card seems to be ok and I ve cleaned the contacts. No other write problems detectable.

2. Today several damaged downloads. Seems like a mixture of 2 or 3 of my downloaded podcasts melted in one! Never heard that before. Sometimes I had to delete the files 3-4 times to get an understandable podcastfile. Only streaming is completely error-free and seperated.

3. I also had ‘not supported feed type errors’ and some orange ‘feed is defect’ -reports. But today only for a few hours. Then it worked again suddenly…and now again all full of red ea-errors and no download works.

Does anyone have similar problems?
Any Idea?

< Android version: 8.0.0
OS version: 3.18.91-19497658-QB54389322
AntennaPod version: 2.7.1
Model: SM-G935F
Device: hero2lte
Product: hero2ltexx

No crash report recorded

Hello again
yesterday unfortunately further problems with antennapod:

1. Again not consistent teporarily several ea-errors when refreshing all podcasts. Although app permission is on.
    Sd-card seems to be ok and I ve cleaned the contacts. No other write problems detectable.

2. several damaged downloads. Seems like a mixture of 2 or 3 of my downloaded podcasts melted in one! Never heard that before. Sometimes I had to delete the files 3-4 times to get an understandable podcastfile. Only streaming is completely error-free and seperated.

3. I also had ‘not supported feed type errors’ and some orange ‘feed is defect’ -reports. But today only for a few hours. Then it worked again suddenly…and now again all full of red ea-errors and no download works.

I noticed that after a restart everything seems to work. All titles refresh without ea error. But automatically downloaded files are not there or are not played as not available. But I can download them manually after I deleted that ‘ghostfile’.

In the course of the day I get the EA error messages again and everything doesn’t work again. Downloads are then also not possible again.
This behavior is independent of my VPN. Whether it’s on or off doesn’t seem to have any effect. Everything worked great in the past.

Has anyone encountered similar problems?
Any Idea?

Sorry, I haven’t seen anything like this happen before.

Do you use any other apps which write to the SD card?

I actually save everything possible on sd. photos, music, etc. without any problems so far.

Now the manually downloaded podcasts that still worked this morning (I tested some) are no longer available after clicking on them according to the antennapod. Older downloads from two weeks ago, on the other hand, still run without any problems. seems like after antennapod refreshed the list automatically everything is destroyed after a certain point. From then on, manual downloads are no longer possible. So a restart only seems to help for a short time…

I switched to internal storage and everything works fine. I checked and the SD card seems to be completely write protected. my photo app automatically switched to internal storage. so it must be the SD card I have to replace.
I will report.

thank you very much to the forum thank you for taking care!!
Hank

1 Like

Replaced the SD card and everything has been running reliably ever since. It’s unbelievable what errors a defective SD card can cause.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.