Forum Bug - Dark Mode

I realize this isn’t necessarily a bug with the app, but is a minor bug for the forum. Personally, I prefer dark mode for most things. I find it easier for my eyes to read things.

As you will see in the screenshot below, the black text of the AntennaPod name is nearly invisible on the dark grey header.

In the forum settings, you should be able to upload another jpg with white (or something other than black) text that is only used for the dark theme.

Done!

I don’t like the UX of that “Alternative Logos” theme component… It only allows to set an URL instead of having those upload boxes like the other settings. Anyway, should be fixed now.

1 Like

Beautiful!!

Agreed! I don’t like it either. You could always use custom HTML/CSS if you wanted. I had done that for the first two years or so, but it became too much to keep up with since I don’t have anyone else helping.

Not a priority, but I guess we shouldn’t have the app’s name in the image anyway for accessibility reasons.

I think Discourse only has settings to upload the logo as an image. The logo has an alt attribute for screen readers and search engines, so it should be okay, I hope.

Yes, @ByteHamster is correct. Besides, from my understanding, alt attributes are better for accessibility purposes anyhow.

1 Like

Nice, discourse 2.6.0.beta2 has native support for dark theme logos, without installing a theme component :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.