Google Automotive Version

Google Automotive (NOT Android Auto) is included in many modern cars as primary entertainment system. It seems AntennaPod is not available in the Google Automotive AppStore yet. Would be nice to get AntennaPod natively on Automotive to listen to your favourite podcasts.
Is it possible and/or planned to develop a native Automotive version?

@Cpt_Cracks Please see this GitHub issue we are track Automotive feature

I don’t think the work is actively started yet. I am guessing we start with UI and UX design first

Any news on this one? It would really be super nice with a AAOS version.

Would definitely like this too. There really isn’t a good podcast app for Android Automotive. Pocket Casts sync feature is a mess on it, so it’d be great to use AntennaPod

Bumping this thread, a native Android Automotive OS version would be really valuable. There’s still no solid podcast app option for AAOS, and it would be great to see the linked GitHub issue (feature request) move forward.

Worth noting: Google has recently been putting more effort into making it easier to build for AAOS, at I/O 2026 they released updates to the Car App Library with new media templates, plus updated emulator system images for testing on AAOS. Might lower the barrier to getting AntennaPod running natively. Any update on whether this is being actively worked on?

As you can see on GitHub through absence of comments on the issue and linked PRs, this is not being worked on.

Right, I saw that, that’s the issue I was referring to. Rather than “is anyone working on it,” maybe the more useful question would´ve been: what would actually be needed to get this port going?

And just to be clear, questions like this come from genuinely liking and using the app, not from impatience. I hope it’s taken in that spirit.