How about a general option for the podcast named like 'never use video, always play only audio'

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
I guess it is from google

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:
I bike a lot and listen to podcasts. Some of them have video.
When there is a video in a running podcast
and the screen is switched of,
say I want to check something on the phone,
so I tap the screen,
the screen switches on and it switches on in video mode.
It is so hard for me to get rid of that video.
It turns my screen to landscape (no matter of the system settings)
or it goes to PIP mode (I can disable it in system settings, I know but with disabled PIP for AntennaPod podscast stops when I push the button.)
The bike is on the move, so staring on the phone, tapping the screen especially now in winter, using gloves is rather unsafe option I bet you know what I mean.

Suggested solution:
I guess there is a huge amount of users like me who do not want video at all. Only audio. So would be great for those users to have option ‘never use video for this podcast’ in options of the podcast. Alternatively it could be an option in general settings of the app but I think it is better to have it in podcast options.
Please, please, please. Thank you

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

1 Like

An excellent suggestion. I just unsubscribed from a video podcast today because of the difficulty of simply listening to its audio track every week.

2 Likes

Glad I searched the forum before making a new request. This would be very helpful.

3 Likes

I wonder if this problem could be solved by not playing the video in full screen mode and make it easier to control the video?

I sometimes listen to youtube videos and works fine since I can put them into pip mode

1 Like

We have recently discussed this in a community call and decided that we do not want to add this setting. See Discussion summary: Play video as audio

1 Like

YouTube videos can play inside Antennapod without downloading :thinking:

How does one do this?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.