How to get rid of the red exclamation mark "last update failed" warnings?

Can’t comment on that, ByteHamster is rewriting it currently, I guess the error message could be a bit more informative, depending on the error code but that would mean even more eventualities need to be translated and tbh I wouldn’t change or split the whole code just to deliver different error message, just renaming seems way more efficient to me :slight_smile:

PS: there is the log with detailed info if you tap on the notification, so it makes even more sense to generalize it, I often thought it was a bug, that AP tried to download anything (I don’t have auto download on) when it effect it only failed to fetch.

1 Like

“Updates failed” sounds more neutral to me and could be applied to feeds and downloads too, where applicable.

1 Like

Hmm could work, but i was thinking “update” is kind of already reserved for app updates through play store, so it could be confusing as well.
I was also thinking about “Catching failed” as AP is a Podcatcher, but i think thats also not really familiar to most i guess…

We could change the error message if there are only subscriptions or only episodes. As soon as both are involved, we could explicilty say that some of both failed.

1 Like