I cant add a specific RSS subscription

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
AntennaPod 2.5.2 F-Droid

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)
Android 12, CalyxOS 3.7.0

Device model: Pixel 4a

Expected behaviour: Trying to add a paid subscription RSS : https://grimericaoutlawed.ca/feed/grimerica_outlawed_plus/ I should be prompted to enter my user and password.

Current behaviour: HTTP Data error

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago) 6 months ago

Steps to reproduce:

1. press + from subscriptions
  2. add podcast by RSS address
  3. paste https://grimericaoutlawed.ca/feed/grimerica_outlawed_plus/
  4. Confirm

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

Stacktrace/Logcat: I don’t know how to do logcat

[if available]

Working for me with latest version (2.7.0).
Does it prompt you when using link on your browser? If it doesn’t maybe something is blocking access? (A VPN or proxy ?)

1 Like

It works in browser from the phone. I have AntennaPod as a split tunnel exception on my VPN. I also just tried with the VPN turned off entirely and still got the same 503 error. I have added numerous other paid RSS with password protection. Is version 2.7.0 available on F-droid, bc I see 2.5.2 as the latest version in the repo. Also CalyxOS has automatic updates for F-droid, so I don’t understand why my version would be behind.

The latest version on F-Droid is 2.6.2. Please try that version. You might have to refresh the F-Droid repo if you have turned off the option to automatically do that.

2.7.0 is currently only rolled out to beta testers on Google Play.

Thanks, I got it by importing OPML from another podcasting app. Changing some settings in F-droid to hopefully keep my apps and the repo better updated. Thank you.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.