I get various download errors

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model:

Expected behaviour:

Current behaviour:

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)

Steps to reproduce:

1. This
  2. Then that
  3. Then this
  4. Etc.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]

I’ve been getting a lot of download errors like every other day from podcasts that normally been downloading okay, but when I go to that specific podcast feed I can refresh it manually and it’ll download okay, but if I try the refresh button through fresh all at once it’ll have the same download errors.
I removed URL since I’m a new user.

File
choiceology

At line 9608, column 45: no element found

Download completed but size: 1638400 does not equal expected size 3336627

clarkhoward

Unable to resolve host No address associated with hostname

Environment

Android version: 11
OS version: 4.9.248-gc4689af91bc5-ab7425221
AntennaPod version: 2.3.2
Model: Pixel 3a
Device: sargo
Product: sargo

Crash info

Time: 03-10-2021 11:15:03
AntennaPod version: 2.3.2

StackTrace

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException: Index: 0, Size: 0
	at java.util.ArrayList.get(ArrayList.java:437)
	at de.danoeh.antennapod.fragment.QueueFragment$2.onSwiped(SourceFile:492)
	at androidx.recyclerview.widget.ItemTouchHelper$4.run(SourceFile:716)
	at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
	at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
	at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:223)
	at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:7664)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
	at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:592)
	at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:947)

This morning I also had a lot of download errors. Just realised that my proxy server was down.

@billy If you open the error message and copy the URL, can you download the file with your browser?

Yes, I can download the web page. antennapod will work if I refresh individually, but not the main refresh on the queue.

1 Like

I’ve been having this issue too this week. Not all the podcasts I listen to, but some of them I’ll hit the download button, but it fails to download.

Sorry for the late reply @billy.

This sounds oddly familiar - I think I’ve seen another user mentioning this before either here on the forum or on GitHub. Would have to find the communication to say what the conclusion/solution was there.

I’ve been having a similar issue. Maybe not 5he exact same one but my auto download at 4am fails every time. If I do a manual refresh it works with no issue though. This affects all of my podcasts. See screenshots below.

I have the latest F-Droid build on my Asus Zenfone 8 running Android 11 (stock ROM). I decided to try AntennaPod since I got this phone on Saturday, October 30th, 2021 and it’s been an issue from the get go.

I also have this problem and I also have a Zenfone 8.

I think it was battery management causing the errors as I excluded AntennaPod from it and I haven’t gotten the errors since.

2 Likes

Trying this, let’s see how it goes tomorrow morning.

Did that work for you @crasher35?

Yes, actually! It’s been working great now.

2 Likes

What about you, @billy, do you experience the problem with refreshing the queue in the latest AntennaPod version (2.4.1)? I believe there was a bug that had been resolved relatively recently.