Inconsistent local episode titles and order

App version: 2.6.2 (9e87cf611)

Android version: 12

Device model: Samsung s10

Expected behaviour: local episodes are organized by filename, with consistent names, with episode 1 following episode 0 and episode 2 following 1.

Current behaviour: some local episodes are missing “Podcast Episode #:” and just say “Episode Title”. Others are not. Episode 10, 11, 12, etc is after episode 1, episode 20 is after episode 2 and so on

First occurred: immediately after adding new files, so like 3 days ago.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Select local folder who’s name is the same as the first part of audio files
  2. Then add new files to the folder
  3. Sort by filename Z-A

Environment: Bluetooth headphones, no other settings changed

The titles are taken from the file metadata, which is added by the podcast creator. This is outside the control of AntennaPod.

If you have consistent file names, sorting by the file name will help. If you have consistent episode titles, sorting by the title will help. If you have consistent dates, sorting by date will help. If nothing is consistent though, AntennaPod unfortunately cannot just guess a correct order.

Can I edit metadata inside the app or do I need a separate editor?

You cannot edit the metadata in AntennaPod. I guess renaming the files and sorting by file name is the easiest option.

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.