Lage der Nation - chapter images still keep disappearing

As I mentioned here

and here

The chapter images did their disappearing act again.
I tried to write what came to my mind I hope is usefull information and I hope it’s not too much unnecessary crap. :slightly_smiling_face:

App version: 2.4.0-beta3 (via Google Play)

Android version: Android 11
OS version: 4.4.177-21800652

Device model: SM-A405FN (Samsung A40)
Device: a40
Product: a40eea

Expected behaviour: Chapter images should be shown.

Current behaviour: Starting with version 2.2. Playing the (auto-downloaded) episode and turning the screen off and later on again (AntennaPod alwayas open in foreground) the current chapter image showed only for a second (or not at all), and then just the main Podcast picture.
I could still always see them as thumbnail in the chapters list (I always look at the chapters to have a quick overlview, so I can say for sure).

Starting with an update to a stable version of 2.2 or 2.3 (not sure which), the images stopped being displayed in the chapters list, too. Plus I didn’t see them in the player screen again (also wehn skipping directly to a chapter)

This all applies to the mp3 feed of the podcast. I then switched to the aac feed, and again to the mp3 feed a few days before. At first the images worked in the newly downloaded episode as expected, but when listening today, they weren’t displayed while playing, neither in player screen nor chapters list nor after skipping to a chapter. Closing AntennaPod or streaming the episode after deleting or re-downloading changed nothing.

First occurred: First noticed with the update to a beta of 2.2.

Steps to reproduce:

1. This
  2. Then that
  3. Then this
  4. Etc.

Hmm, as described above…

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

Nothing I can think of. Media player is the default.