Last refresh failed

Subscriptions not refreshing. Even when attempted manually. Nothing new since mid-April. I know that seems like a while ago but since I no longer have a commute I’m not listening as often. I have verified that I’m on current version. Thanks.

Hi!

What podcast does this happen with? You can get the podcast address by pressing the info icon.

All of them. I subscribe to 30. Here are two URLs

https://feeds.99percentinvisible.org/99percentinvisible

https://www.omnycontent.com/d/playlist/aaea4e69-af51-495e-afc9-a9760146922b/14a43378-edb2-49be-8511-ab0d000a7030/d1b9612f-bb1b-4b85-9c0c-ab0d004ab37a/podcast.rss

Having all feeds failing is pretty strange. Did you install a firewall, vpn, ad blocker, privacy guard or something like this? Do you use a network where you first need to log in on a website (technical: captive portal)? Can you use the network connection in a normal web browser?

What error message do you get on the Downloads » Logs screen?

The current version is different depending on many factors. Some versions are even rolled out to a certain percentage of users at random. Could you please post the version in AntennaPod’s settings (“About” screen)? What Android version do you use? Did you get the app from Google Play or from F-Droid?

No to all of those. As far as i know nothing changed. Weird indeed. But it sure seems like some event occurred in mid April. No updates since 16th.

Sorry for all those questions. I hope that I do not sound rude. To find out why this happens, we need some information about your setup.

• What error message do you get on the Downloads » Logs screen? (you can select and copy the message)
  • What Android version do you use?
  • Did you get the app from Google Play or from F-Droid?

Android 10, got from Play store.

[ Environment ]
Android version: 10
OS version: 4.9.186-17655189
AntennaPod version: 1.8.1
Model: SM-G965U
Device: star2qltesq
Product: star2qltesq

[ Environment ]
Android version: 9
OS version: 4.9.112-16352124
AntennaPod version: 1.7.3b
Model: SM-G965U
Device: star2qltesq
Product: star2qltesq

[ StackTrace ]
java.util.concurrent.RejectedExecutionException: Task java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask@c8e190a rejected from java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor@bdde57b[Terminated, pool size = 0, active threads = 0, queued tasks = 0, completed tasks = 720]
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$AbortPolicy.rejectedExecution(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:2085)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.reject(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:848)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.delayedExecute(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:334)
at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.scheduleWithFixedDelay(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:629)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackServiceTaskManager.startPositionSaver(SourceFile:138)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackService$2.onPlaybackStart(SourceFile:838)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackServiceMediaPlayer.setPlayerStatus(SourceFile:324)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.PlaybackServiceMediaPlayer.setPlayerStatus(SourceFile:335)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP.resumeSync(SourceFile:322)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP.lambda$resume$3$LocalPSMP(SourceFile:276)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.-$$Lambda$LocalPSMP$qJO6fE9RrQzc5jd_fVqGKQZ-MqQ.run(Unknown Source:2)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP$PlayerExecutor.submit(SourceFile:78)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP.resume(SourceFile:274)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP$1.lambda$onAudioFocusChange$0$LocalPSMP$1(SourceFile:871)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.-$$Lambda$LocalPSMP$1$bWQm-SvHzg-23xcSmeXJeDjoCno.run(Unknown Source:4)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP$PlayerExecutor.submit(SourceFile:78)
at de.danoeh.antennapod.core.service.playback.LocalPSMP$1.onAudioFocusChange(SourceFile:855)
at android.media.AudioManager$ServiceEventHandlerDelegate$1.handleMessage(AudioManager.java:2451)
at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:106)
at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:214)
at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:6986)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:493)
at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1445)

Thanks! Now the final information that is missing (for now) would be this question:

IO error: Read only file system

Try selecting another data folder in Settings » Storage. Looks like there is something wrong with the existing folder.

Bingo! The folder that was being used for storage was full. Switched folders and all is right with the world. Thanks for the extremely prompt response. Great!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.