Local Folders - File Deletion

Presently, it is not possible via the app to manually delete a file (ie an episode) from a Local Folder. The option of Auto Delete is also unavailable. Deletions must be done manually via a file manager on the phone.

I suggest that Auto Delete for Local Folders be enabled as they are with podcasts, with the ability to override the global default. One should also be able to delete individual files.

Priority: Nice-to-Have

1 Like

Further observation: Although physically deleted, the files that were in the Local Folder are still listed under the subscription, with the indicator button to download. This is misleading in the case of Local Folder, although of course beneficial with a podcast. This should be cleaned up when a file is deleted.

Priority: Nice-to-Have (Cosmetic)

Another related observation: Once a file is played one cannot via earphones (bluetooth) have the next one play by hitting play/pause, like one can with podcasts, and the played file is not marked as having been played.

CORRECTION to the above “Further Observation”: Once I re-installed AntennaPod, it no longer occurs, that is it acts as expected - the file is no longer listed for downloading after it has been physically removed.

I re-installed after deleting all files in android/data/de.danoeh.antennapod (both internal & SD) in order to “clean-up” the previous installation, with which in testing I had switched the storage a few times back and forth between Internal Memory and SD Card. My guess is that with the switching the database pointers were corrupted, even though the location of the local folder on the SD Card did not change.

I recommend that the setting for storage, if it is to be changed to SD Card, be done prior to loading any subscriptions, and if it is to be changed, it be done only if the software is re-installed and all data deleted.