lockscreen background change toggle

Problem you may be having, or feature you want:

Toggle to remove background from lockscreen

Suggested solution:

Enable a button (presumably under settings>appearance) which turns off the background override of the lockscreen with the episode/cover art.

Screenshots / Drawings / Technical details:

I know some other podcast apps can do this and it seems fairly straightforward so I assume it’s doable (apologies if there’s a way to do it but I don’t seem to be able to find one)

I realize it’s a somewhat minor thing but as an aesthetic thing I prefer to just keep the background I’ve already set for my lockscreen rather than have it be the usually low-res and zoomed in to fit the square image into a rectangular screen that results.

I’m aware of the persistent notification button but that seems to be different both because it only takes effect when paused and affects both the playback control notification and lockscreen image together.

Devs, thanks for making this app, I only found it recently but was glad to (somewhat randomly) come across an open-source podcast app alternative.

Sadly it likely won’t happen. See : issue 6547.

But on recent android version there is no problem since it’s a feature which has been removed from Android.

1 Like