Manualy copy backup in folder

Hey there!

I move to a new phone and just copied the files of (and now in) the folder data/de.danoeh.antennapod/files/MyPodcast.
When I now start the app the episodes are marked with the download-icon, and I can not just play them.
What do I have to do / where to copy the files that I dont have to download them again?!

Thanks for your help!

Fussel

App version: 2.0.1 (PlayStore)

Android version: 6.0.1

Device model: Samsung S5

Hi! Moving downloads to another device is not supported - only the database with playback state, subscriptions and favorites. While technical users could modify the database export to make it work, re-downloading the episodes is by far the easier option.

Hello!

Actually its not a new device but the same, its just that I reseted the phone and than copied back the data. The backup-app did not do what I wanted, so I copied the files manually in the folder where they have been before. So it should be excactly the same path like before, or not?
Thanks for your support!

If it’s exactly the same path it should work. Some Android devices have a volume id in the file path. Maybe that id changed. What options do you get when pressing the data folder setting in AntennaPod?

I got two options, internal storage or sd-card, but I cannot change the exact directory.
I first chose the folder, than downloaded one episode to see where the program saves the files and afterwards copied the backuped files in this specific folder.
The volume-id ist the number of the sc-card? /storage/3444-4326/
:frowning:

Yeah, that number was probably different on the old phone. That’s why AntennaPod can’t find the old downloads. The easiest option probably is to download the episodes again.

AntennaPod 2.1.0 will get an option to add a folder from the sd card as a “virtual” podcast. If that would be a workaround for you, you can join the beta test on the app details page on Google Play.

Thanks for the explanation!
I will download the files again, sounds like the easiest option.