Migrate AntennaPod including settings and downloaded mediafiles

App version: 3.0.1
Android version: 8.1 and 12 (see below)
Device model: moto G5s

Expected behaviour:
I am trying to migrate Antennapod with all settings, feeds, and podcasts to a newer phone with Android 12. Installing the app was easy enough, and Antennapod’s database export/import commands allowed me to migrate all settings and feeds successfully. But I do not want to download all the podcasts again (manually, or other). So I copied the related files from the old phone (media folder inside de.danoeh.antennapod etc.) into exactly the same folder on the new phone.

Current behaviour:
But Antennapod does not recognize the podcasts, still says “file not found” when I open the corresponding page under subscriptions.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
n/a

Steps to reproduce:
Requires two phones with v3.0.1. installed, the rest is already explained above.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)
n/a

It is obvious that copying the MP3 files alone are not recognized by Antennapod, even when placed in the correct directory. Is there a way to make Antennapod aware of the files (“rescan …”) ?
Thanks

1 Like

Transferring downloads to a new device is not supported. You can either re-download them or place them in a folder and add them as a “local folder” virtual podcast.

1 Like

Thanks !!
I understand, but then again … I think this would become a valid feature request. It can’t be that hard, and you just need to consider a situation where you accumulated a number of really nice podcasts which are no longer available online, next you buy a new phone …
I understand what you say about the local folder, but that isn’t the same as creating the same look and feel on the new device.

2 Likes

I would still love to backup my settings, its really a bit of a pain for me since I tend to swap custom roms and such, yeah not everyone does that but the few times other people switch their phones should count too

This is also covered here: Include settings in database back-up · Issue #4089 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.