New episode notifications not coming in

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)

3.1.0 from google play

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

13 stock

Device model:

SM-G986W

Expected behaviour:

Antennapod will periodically look for new episodes of my subscribed podcasts. When it finds any, it will download them and notify my via a push notification.

Current behaviour:

Antennapod periodically looks for new episodes, downloads them and then does not notify me. After multiple days of no notifications, I open the app and find numerous episodes that were downloaded without my knowledge.

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)

About 10 days ago.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Wait for multiple days during which you’d expect to receive multiple notifications for new episodes
  2. Notice that no notifications have come in
  3. Open antennapod
  4. See all the episodes that have come in with no notifications

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)

All notification categories are turned on at the system level. App had notification permission. App is set to never sleep. App is not battery optimized. Adaptive battery is not turned on. Have restarted and reinstalled app.

Stacktrace/Logcat:

[if available]

To be sure did you also turn on notification settings inside each podcast you want to have notification for new episodes?

2 Likes

If you have turned them on as per @Matth78’s comment, then it may be a bug that’s already registered on GitHub, where the app is developed: [3.1.0] "Automatic download completed" notification not working · Issue #6612 · AntennaPod/AntennaPod · GitHub

Good call. I wasn’t aware that was even an option. I don’t think I’ve ever had them turned on in the past, even when the app was giving me notifications correctly.

I still haven’t been able to get the app to give me a notification advising that an automatic download was completed, but now that I’ve turned these settings on individually in each podcast, I do get new episode notifications and they also download at the same time, so it’s the same net result; it’s satisfactory to me.

1 Like

Is the multi-select feature already implemented for this function? I don’t find it in 3.1.1 version.
In the github issue it is said that the PR alrady includes it but I’m not sure what it means.
When it is supposed to be included in a main version of the app?

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.