New Error 1001

App version: x.y.z (state whether from Google Play/F-Droid/Custom built APK)
2.1.3 (android store)

Android version: 5.x (Please mention if you are using a custom rom!)

Device model:
Pixel 4a

Expected behaviour:
Playing a podcast episode on command, as usual

Current behaviour:
On playing any podcast episode: “Error: Unsupported Media Type (1001)”

First occurred: (e.g. about x days/weeks ago)
Today

Steps to reproduce:

1. This
  2. Then that
  3. Then this
  4. Etc.
    Occurs on Antennapod reset, reinstall.

Environment: (Settings you have changed (e.g. Auto Download). “Unusual” devices you use (e.g. Bluetooth headphones). Did you select another media player?)
No changes that I’m aware of? There was a semi-recent android patch, but AP was still working yesterday after the patch took place several days ago. It was only on turning on my device this morning that I observed the issue.
I’ve checked to make sure my device hasn’t spontaneously revoked any permissions.

I love this app and am desperate to keep using it. I would sincerely appreciate any assistance! This issue came totally out of the blue for me.

Does this only happen for one podcast or for all podcasts?

Unfortunately this will not be terribly helpful for the debugging process, but I was able to resolve this problem by factory-resetting my device. Fortunately this was not terribly difficult, as I had started using the phone within the last two months. I have not seen the error reoccur. I will keep an eye out for it going forwards. I appreciate your help!

To answer your question, it was happening for any and all podcasts that I attempted to play.

2 Likes