New user questions

Hi switching from Google podcasts and antennaPod is the best thing I found so far. I’m new to it there are some things I’d like to do and I don’t know how Don’t know if this should be multiple posts or one individual I will get started.

I would like some of my podcasts to be automatically put in the queue since I’m currently caught up on some of them and they only come out once or three times a week I’d like them added to the bottom of the queue not sure how to do that

Some podcasts mostly news related come out multiple times a day I would like to queue the most recent but not all of them.

Some podcasts have hundreds of unplayed episodes because I’ve started listening to them at the beginning of time I don’t know if there’s a way to queue a range of dates.

I noticed that if I start playing the second or third episode in the queue it then proceeds to the next one below it rather than taking the episode off the top of the queue. I find that an odd behavior.

Thank you for any assistance you can provide looking forward to making good use of this podcast app once I learn how to use it properly I know I’m going to love it.

Thank you,
Brian

All right better question now that I’ve had more opportunity to play around with the app.

I like that downloads go into the inbox and then I can choose to move which ones I want into the queue ideally for certain types of podcast I’d like to queue them up first but that’s a manageable thing.
This is for my once or twice a day news podcasts.

For my couple of times a week podcasts that I’m listening to pretty much since the beginning of time I’d be happy to either move them into the queue myself or for them to queue themselves at the bottom of the queue Play last rather than play first.

Is there a way to do this I’ve only seen the option to automatically move stuff into the inbox when they download or not to move them automatically.

It seems this would be a frequent enough request there’d be a way but I’m just not finding it.

Thanks

If you are talking about a way to specify where to add the episodes to the queue (front, back, etc.), that is a global setting so you can’t specify it per podcast.

Actually at this point I’m trying to figure out what the purpose of the inbox is.

I’m thinking if I take the podcast that I want the couple of times a day news download them and do nothing with them I can manually select them for play.
The podcast that only come out once or twice a week that I want to put on the playlist I know how to put in the inbox but then I have to individually select them to get them into the queue.

It operates differently than the one player I’m used to and the bunch of other players I tried and didn’t care for this is the best I’ve found I just don’t know how to operate it yet.

Am I catching on?

You can find more about the inbox here: Getting started – AntennaPod

Thank you for the help.

Looks like I have everything downloading and waiting on the download page, from there I can multi-select
and then on the queue page move the ones I want to hear first to the top of the page.

There are a couple of things I don’t know how to do, or things I’d like that aren’t (yet?) available but I will
keep plugging.

thank you,
Brian

1 Like